Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here's My Bathroom. Like you care.

Confession:  I read blogs in secret that aren't on my bloglist.  Sometimes I read blogs that I might not even necessarily like just so that I can be like, "What?  Really?  Are you seriously showing us your bathroom?"  Now some people might actually care about bathrooms.  I care about mine.  I use it every day.  I mean I have a whole pinterest board dedicated to bathrooms because ONE day I hope to redo my bathroom!

I grew up in a simple brick house with three bedrooms and two bathrooms.  Luxury compared to the washrooms that my parents had growing up.  My mom is sixty-seven years old, the youngest of eight children.  She grew up dirt poor. Not exaggerating. They had an outhouse.  Not lying.  My dad was rich comparitively as they got indoor plumbing when he was only sixteen.  So really, I'm SPOILED!  Now here is a brief bathroom history of my life (HAHA):
  • In college I shared one bathroom with six other girls.
  • First apartment with roommates shared a bathroom.
  • First apartment by myself had my very own bathroom all by myself! yay! For about seven months til CM made his way into my house!
  • Our next house was fancy.  A townhome with 3BR/2.5B.  We shared the house with Chris's sister so she got the "master" and I had to share a bathroom with a boy! gross!
  • Next house: 3BR/2B for two people.  Again spoiled.
  • Next house: 3BR/2B for two people and a baby.  Spoiled brats.
  • THIS house:
Here is our master bath:

And here is our guest bathroom:



And here is our bathroom just for our kids:
So we have THREE bathrooms! hahahahaha

Now, if  you are one of those people who actually have three bathrooms, Congratulations!  And if you want to blog about your bathrooms, I say go for it!  I mean I'm doing it!  But don't, DON'T complain about how hard it is to clean your WHIRLPOOL tub!!

You're probably thinking this bathroom isn't THAT bad, because that's what I thought at first glance.  It was one of the first things we had on the to-do list when we bought the house almost two YEARS ago, but we ran out of money and babies took over our lives.  Now, you may think that is some nice classic tile on the walls, but it is not.  It is one solid sheet of glossy plastic faux tile.  That tub is a 1955 orignial though!  I don't know what's going on with the shower walls though because they stop at an awkard height and there is plywood behind it!  Yes, plywood!  What?  I'm really afraid of redoing the bathroom because I'm afraid of all the problems the destruction of it will uncover.  That floortile is linoleum and even the walls are not drywall, but again some sort of shiny plastic material with unrepairable holes drilled all in it.  The medicine cabinet is also original to the house.  There are some nice storage shelves behind the door and it is not too small of a space.  There is NO vent though!  I have made some improvements: It has a shower curtain, a rug, some curtains on the window, a laundry basket, some candles, and a lot of unorganized fashion baskets with crap in them on the open shelves.  I'll post the AFTER picture next year, or maybe the next... Humble enough to be thankful for one working toilet:)

No comments: