Thursday, October 11, 2012

Running with Babies


Some folks are probably annoyed that I refer to my kids as "babies."  Even my two year old tells me he's not a baby, he's a big boy.  Well, big boys pee-pee in the potty, son!  ha.  But they are MY babies and they still require a stroller when we go certain places.  Like running around the neighborhood, which Oh yes I did!  I googled "couch to 5K" and got my post-baby booty in gear.  I've only done it one day so far, but it felt good and yes there were moments as I was pushing 50+ pounds of BABIES uphill that I felt like "supermom"!  And I will Turkey Trott my flabby turkey ass through 5Ks come November 17.  That's only five more weeks to do a nine week program, but hey, I'm supermom.  I might even sip a latte while I'm running and get one of those "3.2" stickers to go on my SUV.  I've recently seen "0.0" stickers on cars which did make me laugh out loud, but that's not gonna be this mama!  See ya at that finish line:)

No comments: